Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (Sodium CMC) product is an important cellulose ether, which is a polyanion product with good water solubility obtained from plant fibers through chemical modification. Soluble in cold water, with dispersibility. In addition, it also has some very unusual physical and chemical properties such as not perishable and physiologically harmless.
Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose (Sodium CMC cas 9004 32 4 )
Sodium CMC (Sodium CarboxymethylCellulose) has extremely unusual and valuable physical and chemical properties such as emulsification dispersibility and solid dispersibility, and it is not easy to deteriorate and is harmless to physiology. It is a widely used natural polymer derivative. Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose has many excellent properties such as thickening, dispersion, suspension, adhesion, protective colloid, and water retention, and is widely used in food, medicine, toothpaste and other industries. CMC sodium is a polymer chemical substance that can absorb water and swell. It swells with water to form a transparent viscous solution. The pH value is neutral.
Sodium CMC is white or light yellow fibrous powder, and its appearance is white powder. Odorless, tasteless, non-toxic, easily soluble in cold water or hot water to form a colloid, the solution is neutral or slightly alkaline. But insoluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, ether, isopropanol and acetone, soluble in ethanol or 60% water-containing acetone solution. In addition, it is hygroscopic and stable to light and heat. Viscosity decreases with increasing temperature. At pH 2-10, the solution is stable; when the pH is lower than 2, solids will precipitate; if the pH is higher than 10, the viscosity will decrease. The thermal discoloration temperature is 227°C, and the carbonization temperature is 252°C. The surface tension of 2% aqueous solution is 71mn/n.
The main physical and chemical indicators of sodium carboxymethyl cellulose products are viscosity, DS (degree of substitution), pH value, purity and heavy metals.
Sodium CMC is a natural hydrophilic substance, when sodium carboxymethylcellulose particles are dispersed in water, they will swell immediately and then dissolve.
1. Slowly add cmc sodium while stirring to help accelerate the dissolution.
2. Under heating conditions, adding cmc sodium dispersedly can increase the dissolution rate, but the heating temperature should not be too high, preferably 50-60°C.
3. If it is mixed with other materials, first mix the solids together before dissolving, which can also speed up the dissolution rate.
4. Add an organic solvent that is insoluble in CMC sodium but soluble in water, such as ethanol, glycerin, etc., so that the dissolution rate can be very fast.
Several Aspects of Determining the Time Required for Sodium CMC to Dissolve Completely
1. Sodium cmc can be completely bonded with water, and there is no solid-liquid separation between the two.
2. The thick colloidal state after mixing is uniform and the surface is flat and smooth.
3. The thick colloid after mixing is almost colorless and transparent without particles.
It may take 10-20 hours from putting the cmc sodium in the pill jar and mixing it with water until the cmc sodium is completely dissolved.